Preparation year for students beyond compulsory school age
"VAB - Vorqualifizierung Arbeit/Beruf" = prequalification for working life
This path describes a full-time education for young students without lower secondary school with graduation ("Hauptschulabschluss"), who do not attend a secondary school after having fulfilled the compulsory schooling and who do not start a vocational training. The preparation year provides the student with vocational pre-knowledge and practical basic skills and improves the ability to cope with everyday life.
Characteristics and aims of this prequalification year:
• experience-based and project-based learning in working fields related to working life and everyday life
• Depending on the number of registrations the following vocational fields can be offered at our school:
Depending on the number of registrations the following vocational fields can be offered at our school:
Home economics and nutrition
• Intensive enhancement of a maturity for working life
• The compulsory vocational school training is fulfilled after the preparation year, if it is not followed by an apprenticeship.
• An internship is part of the preparation year ("VAB")
Prerequisites for enrollment
Young students without lower secondary school with graduation ("Hauptschulabschluss") (exceptions are possible)
students with special needs
Final examination for the participants of the examination process "practice-oriented and specialist professional competence, as well as in German, maths and English (if required), allowing a graduation equivalent to lower secondary school with graduation ("Hauptschulabschluss").
What can be done next:
• start of working life
• a vocational training
• attendance of a secondary school
Contact person: Ramona Kühn, tel.: +49 (0) 7851 99169 500
Tel: 07851 99169 200
Fax: 07851 99169 80